Monday, August 22, 2011

Quarter of a Century Old!

Ok, so apparently no one liked the dog picture. In other news, yesterday was my 25th birthday!!! I think turning 24 caused me more anxiety than 25, which is a little weird. I'm a quarter of a century old!!! Two and a half decades old. I had an awesome weekend. I'm thrilled to be 25. Lower car rental rates! I'm getting married this year! What more could you want.

On Friday, we went to a potluck/grill-out at one of Edwin's co-workers houses. Leigh and I stopped at a gas station to pick up some drinks to contribute... The cashier took one look at my ID and said, "You old." Uh, thanks lady. For the record, she was definitely older than I am. After the potluck Ted and Leigh came over and we all played Boggle. Leigh made me this beautiful cake! It's great to have such good friends!


On Sunday (my actual birthday, for the uninformed), Edwin and I had brunch with Ted, Leigh and Chris (another teacher at their school) at a great restaurant that I would definitely go back to. The migas were delicioso. The rest of my birthday included a trip to Whole Foods, going to see The Help (4 stars), and a home-cooked steak dinner.

I got to Skype with the fam, heard from tons of friends, and even got a slideshow (thanks, Mom) of past birthdays!! Edwin made the day so special for me and I had a blast spending the day with him. I kinda like the guy :) Thanks for making my day so special everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this was great. And you're right. Weird dogs aren't our thing. I did print it off thinking I would show it to my old people but frankly so far, I haven't actually gotten it out of my car. But the weird little dog is in my car.
    On to your birthday. That is so awesome that you celebrated with Edwin and your good friends Ted and Leigh. I'm looking forward to meeting them. That cake looks incredible! Glad you liked the slideshow. It was fun walking down memory lane with you. And from my perspective as the Director of Elderlife...you definitely are not old! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - weird dogs aren't amusing. Nice try though, A for effort. : )

    Looks like a fantastic birthday! Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the dog was funny chel...glad you had such a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete