Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DIY Art + Organization

I am celebrating my last week of summer with lots of projects around our apartment. I am in the middle of creating a wall of frames above our couch. Today I created two easy canvas pieces to add to the mix!

This is Costa Rica- the heart is where Edwin proposed :) I made this by printing out an outline map of Costa Rica and tracing it on a blank canvas. Then I painted the background and filled in the map. I'm really happy with how it turned out!
I'm really excited about this one. I've seen this quote in a few places and always thought it was really special. Especially since my new hobby is decorating and improving our apartment! I think it's a nice reminder of what is really important, and why I am so happy in this little space. To make it, I used letter stamps and stamped them on a piece of scrapbook paper from Michael's. Super easy!

My other recent projects involve kitchen organization. Our kitchen is tiny, and the cabinets are kind of gross. The wood is warped and so the bottoms are concave. Not quite conducive to maximizing storage space. Not to fear!! Yesterday I discovered these sweet little racks at Bed Bath & Beyond. They have made an enormous difference!



So much better!

Today I got this drawer organizer at Target. I love the results and may or may not have opened the drawer for the rest of the day to see the fruits of my labor.

Stay tuned to see how the wall of frames turns out!

1 comment:

  1. marycrockerbarnesAug 9, 2011, 8:03:00 PM

    Wow I may have to drive to the Cities to a Bed Bath & Beyond. Love the kitchen organizers and the wall stuff too. This is the stuff that made you want to major in interior design! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete