Monday, August 15, 2011

More aparment design!



Good Morning readers!! It is 6:30 am, Edwin has already left for school and I have my first day of graduate school orientation today. My new goal is to wake up at the same time as Edwin in hopes of having productive mornings, and hopefully decreasing the amount of work I am still doing when he gets home at night and/or when I get back from class at night.

Anywho- we had a wonderful weekend!!! On Saturday night we had a wonderful dinner at North by Northwest (not to be confused with the music festival South by Southwest) and then went to see Crazy, Stupid, Love. We both loved it! Four stars. Go see it! Throughout the weekend we squeezed in a few games of Boggle (Chelsea 1-Edwin 1) and even made a trip to IKEA! The fruits of which you are about to see. This should be the last craft/DIY/design post for awhile, as my summer has officially ended. After this post we will resume our regularly scheduled broadcasting. (WHAT?! You say? Only one post every 2 months?!) We'll see about that.

We have been dealing with the combined challenges of a tiny kitchen and lots of gifts from my bridal shower. Not that we're complaining!! We decided that we need some new kitchen storage to display our wares (the ones that won't fit in the cupboards, anyway). Off to IKEA we went. With my birthday money, we found this awesome sideboard! Happy Birthday to me!!!
We love it. I put it together in no time at all which is a bonus. We now have storage for our cookbooks, big bowls, wok and food processor. We also picked up 2 glass racks which will allow us to hang our glasses upside down to save space. (We only have one installed right now and you can see the glasses hanging on the left.)

We also picked up a big canvas to hang over the sideboard. We think it depicts a pretty generic city, which we like. It could be anywhere!

We think that the new stuff adds a lot to the apartment and maximizes our space.
Here are the two pieces
Here is the wider view so you can see how it all fits in. We moved the table over a bit to give the sideboard some breathing room. (Sideboards need to breathe, just like feet!!)

On Saturday I put up our pictures about the couch. We like the color the frames and pictures add to the room.

Last but not least, we moved the art (by Tim!!) that was above the couch to the fireplace.
Our apartment has so much color now, which is so much fun!! Our apartment tends to be kind of dark since it is a basement unit, so having color on the walls helps it to feel bright.

Happy Monday!!

4 comments:

  1. Thinking about you all day - can't wait to hear how orientation went! LOVE the new touches, the painting adds a lot and the sideboard is great! Love the picture wall too! Looks very warm and homey!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow chel, it all looks great! I'm glad you had this time to get your place organized and looking so good. Now your life changes again and we can't wait to hear about it. I'm hosting my Covenant group from about 6-8 p.m. tonight. They bring salads and I supply bread and beverages. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's important for your feet to breathe! Andrea still can't sleep with socks on since Dad pointed this out to her!

    Love, Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I for one, wear socks to bed frequently. And I have no problem with my feet breathing. Although I do have a rash on my feet. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete