Thursday, June 23, 2011

Visitors!!!

This past weekend, Andrea and my mom came to visit!! It was indescribably great to see them after more than six months!! Edwin and I picked them up from the airport on Thursday night after they flew from Madison-Memphis-Chicago-Austin. Delta canceled their flight in Memphis-- rumor has it that there were too few people- c'mon Delta.... Anyways, we picked them up from the airport and were on our way to dinner when POP we got a flat tire. Oh boy. We were stopped on the highway, on the "median" between the right lane and an exit ramp. Darkness was fast approaching. Edwin was our hero and started changing the tire, but it was getting dark and the bolts were not coming off. We called AAA and 911 to help/keep us safe (we were stranded right after a curve in the road in the dark- not safe). The problem was fixed before long and we were back on our way.

On Friday we (minus Edwin) went dress shopping!!! I am happy to say that I found my wedding dress!!!! It made me cry I love it so much. We all agreed it was "the one". More details on January 6th!

Saturday was spent visiting the wedding venue, shopping, eating and playing 500. We went to a great Texas BBQ place downtown for dinner. The only downfall was that it had no air conditioning, and temps have been 100+ for almost 3 weeks now. Great food though.



We visited the UT store on Saturday and Mom quickly learned the "Hook Em" sign. I'm still adjusting to my new colors!

On Sunday morning, Andrea took our engagement photos! We had a great time and she is seriously talented. We can't wait to see the pics! It was very hard to say goodbye on Sunday afternoon, but I will be in Wisconsin in less than a month. I can't wait to see all of my family and friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys...great post! We had a fabulous time in Austin and look forward to coming back when it's cooler!!! And I look like I've eaten too much brisket in the Ironworks shot, yipes! Gma and I are making strawberry jam on Saturday. Love you guys! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Could you post a picture of your pillows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had so much fun!!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks Chel - we'll miss you Edwin! Thanks for an awesome trip guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I get to see you soon! Your blog seemed to have exploded - I'm just now playing catch up!

    ReplyDelete