Friday, June 3, 2011

La casita de Chedwo

Since our trip to IKEA on Tuesday Edwin and I have been busy! Here's a look at our new apartment and some of the projects we've done.

We bought an "Expedit" bookshelf from IKEA, turned it on its side and added some baskets for extra storage.

This is one of my favorite things! Edwin installed this rail/baskets from IKEA to give us quick access to spices while we cook! Our kitchen is small so we actually are using the hall closet as a pantry instead of a linen closet (it's 2 steps from the kitchen). These baskets give us extra storage in our small space.

Here's a view of the kitchen from the dining room. This "cut out window" is nice because it makes the space feel more open and the kitchen not so cramped. We have two stools by this ledge so we can eat there or talk while one person is in the kitchen.

I love this one. I ordered these two prints from Etsy.com and put them in frames from IKEA. I bought a wooden letter O from Michael's for about 3 bucks and painted it to add some color to the space. (O is for Ochoa, if that isn't obvious! A little early but in 7 short months we will be the Ochoa's!!)

Instead of buying expensive (for us) night stands, we bought these shelves (Lack shelves from IKEA) for $9.99 each and added them to take the place of night stands. Kudos to Edwin for doing all of the drill work! We also found the lamps above the bed from IKEA.

We are still working on the living room (unpacking and finding homes for things) and the dining room (I'm making a chalkboard with chalkboard paint from Lowe's). We will post pics of those rooms by the end of the weekend. Hope you like our new digs :)

P.S. Blogger is still acting funny. I can't see the pictures unless I hit preview, I just see the code for the picture. Any ideas on how to solve that problem?

3 comments:

  1. Hi guys,
    The place looks great...I love the new items from IKEA! Congrats on your new job Edwin! Personally, teaching math to 7th graders would do me in, but I think you'll be great. Dad and I saw Bridesmaids tonight, very funny. We loved the Megan character. Can't wait to see you! lOve Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your place is looking great, pretty soon you could put it in an IKEA catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great guys!! I love the shelving unit with the baskets...and the hanging rack in the kitchen (nice handy work, Edwin!!), and the Etsy prints (very cute!) Looks like a great home! : )

    ReplyDelete