Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lucky Taco

Edwin and I have been working like maniacs. Well, at least it feels like it. The quarter ended on Friday (25% done!) which means grades are due, new unit plans have to be made and the whole routine starts anew. On top of that, applying to grad school is like a part-time job. Needless to say we are busy!!! Lucky for us we don't have a hard time taking a break from work..... so this weekend after our Teach For America professional development session we went to Burguesa Burgers, home of the "Original Mexican Burger." Their big item is La Monumental- Edwin had the JR. version. I took a picture of the bag (don't judge me) so you could see everything that goes on this burger. All of those ingredients are on THE SAME BURGER! Edwin thought it was too much. BUT these Mexican fortune cookies saved the meal. My fortune said: Senor Pedro says, "None of the secrets to success will work unless you do." Ay, Ay, Senor.

In other news, Edwin and I booked our Christmas flights today! FELIZ NAVIDAD folks! I am coming home on December 18th, and Edwin is flying north on the 26th. Skiing with Edwin is off the table this year, so we will be accepting ideas for alternative forms of entertainment.....

4 comments:

  1. that burger is intense, just like the fire at the circus.

    I have a suggestion for Edwin's winter in Wisco entertainment - THE LUGE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love it when you post on your blog! WOW, I'm not sure about the refried beans and ham combo. It does seem over the top. And Christmas flights are my favorite thing!!! I'm going to start counting the days, right after your nOvember trip home. And Edwin, I think we'll find some very safe activities where no injuries are possible. How about a 500 card party? Or a cookie baking shebang? We will come up with some great ideas! WAHOO!!!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I graduate the 17th - so pretty sure I'll be consuming a large part of your vacation. How long are you staying?! I'm sure we'll both be busy with Christmas traveling - but I'll be in town a lot (except that first weekend of the 18th and obviously Christmas weekend). YAY. I'm pumped! OH and guess what? Not sure if you've heard, but Jess Hagedorn is pregnant again!! Our babes will be less than 3 months apart. Just saying - you know, in case you want to get in on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAM?! Ew Chels. Will you be near Madison at all during Christmas? Also, love the 25% done -- such a good view of it.

    ReplyDelete