Saturday, October 16, 2010

Date Night!

I got a haircut!! Andrea inspired me because she was thinking about going short. I don't think she did, but I decided to chop it off! I love it, and got a ton of compliments at school. One of my 2nd grade students, Selah, saw me and shrieked "MISS!!!!!! You look like an angel! Literally, my mom has a picture of an angel and you have her same hair!!!!!!!" First, good vocabulary Selah. Second, I'm flattered to be compared to an angel. Extra credit for you!!

Edwin and I look for any reason to celebrate, so we went on a date last night to celebrate my new do. We went to our favorite restaurant, House Wine. Last time we went I bent my exhaust pipe and spent $500.00 on car repairs, so we took Edwin's car instead. We had a delicious bottle of sweet red wine (I think it was called House Jam) and flatbreads. If anyone decides to visit us in the Valley (and why wouldn't you), we will take you here! After dinner we went to see the movie "Life As We Know It", which we both loved!!! It was a great blend of laugh out loud comedy and romance. Ah, I'm a sucker for a good romance.

Edwin is at a science training today and I slept in until 10:40! Next up on the docket: Grad school essays. Adios amoebas!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chel...I love your hair! It's really cute and I agree with Selah, you look like an angel! You two really know how to celebrate...glad you had a night out. Dad and Gma and I are having dinner at the church tonight. It's a fundraiser for the Okora, Uganda mission project we have. I don't think there will be any wine, but I'm looking forward to the beef stew and apple crisp. Love you! Mom
    P.S. Did you send a text that said Blog Alert? I thought so and then I couldn't tell if that was an old text or a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the hair - so cute!!! Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing and fun weekend. We can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete