Thursday, March 3, 2011

Colorado State!

I WAS ACCEPTED TO COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!

As most of you know, I went to Fort Collins, CO last weekend to interview for the Student Affairs in Higher Education graduate program. Yesterday I got a call about 5:00 from one of the faculty members who had interviewed me. The phone call went like this:

Me: Hello? (I'm driving)
CSU: Is this Chelsea?
Me: Yes (Trying to remain calm at this point.)
CSU: This is ___________, one of the faculty members who interviewed you last week.
Me: Yes, I remember you, hi! (Trying to remain calm.)
CSU: Congratulations, we met this morning and would like to offer you a spot in our SAHE program.
Me: THANK YOU SO MUCH (Trying not to let my voice quiver. This lady had already seen me cry in the interview- that's another story- I didn't want her to think all I do is cry!!)
CSU: "....... Lots of info......"
Me: Mmm hmm Mmm hmm (Trying to actually listen to the info, but all I heard was YOU GOT IN YOU GOT IN YOU GOT IN YOU GOT IN!!)
CSU: "....More info......Accept by April 1st...You will get called about an assistantship within the next week.... More info...."
Me: THIS IS SO EXCITING THANK YOU SO MUCH!
CSU: "I look forward to seeing you in class"
ME: THANK YOU SO MUCH


That's pretty much how it went. I'm super excited!!! In other news, Edwin will be flying out to Denver on March 20th to interview with KIPP (the 5th grade teaching job.) He had a phone interview this week with the Access Center at Colorado State (and would be working with high school's to promote college readiness/access). Stay tuned!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. marycrockerbarnesMar 3, 2011, 5:13:00 PM

    OwowOWWWWW!!!! Congratulations Chelsea Bird! I'm looking forward to a summer trip to Colorado to see you!!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOOO!!! Congrats Chel! Love A, A, & B

    ReplyDelete