Thursday, February 3, 2011

30 Degrees!!! Brace Yourselves!!!!

Temperatures have dropped to 30 degrees here in the Valley. People are FREAKING out. Donna ISD (a large school district here) closed school EARLY yesterday and is OFF today because it is 30 degrees. No, I am not kidding. I am trying to reserve judgement, but it is difficult. Attendance at our school is expected to be VERY low today- Edwin told them yesterday they would get hot chocolate for showing up. Just to highlight the contrast between normal weather here and the current temps- here is a frozen tree outside the Spanish classroom. The sprinkler stayed on, and it froze. Where am I.

3 comments:

  1. marycrockerbarnesFeb 3, 2011, 8:36:00 AM

    Wow Chel, this is amazing! Did all of the grapefruit freeze? We've got zero degrees here and possibly below zero wind chill. I'm curious how many of your kids will show up today! Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny! My territory I have at work is East Texas and all of my reps have been talking about how cold it is and how everything is shut down! I try not to laugh at them but when there are like 2 snow plows in the entire Dallas/Fort Worth area I can see why stuff shuts down!

    ReplyDelete