Sunday, October 21, 2012

super easy no-bake energy bites

I interrupt this regularly scheduled lull in our blog to bring you a great recipe!! I found this gem on Pinterest (where else) and have made them a few times. They are best cold and work great as a mid-morning snack! Best of all, they taste like they should be dessert! I've changed up the recipe a bit depending on what we have, but here's the original (via http://gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/)

1 cup dry oatmeal
2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes (I don't add these)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I'm out of these now so I use craisins)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix everything up, refrigerate for 1/2 hour, and then form into little balls. Easy, peasy!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I think Andrea makes these too. I would put in the coconut. Sauerkraut?? Love you guys! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! we love "energy balls" (as B calls them) too!! You really can't taste the coconut!

    ReplyDelete