Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Twin Cities!

Edwin and I spent last week in Minneapolis, which was awesome. His best friend from college, David, flew up from Dallas for the week to hang out. We stayed with Dan and Nikki (my roommate from college) at their beautiful house. It was SO great to see some of our favorite people and catch up. One of the highlights of the week (a.k.a. one of the only days we took pictures) was going to a Twins game at the new Target Field. The stadium is awesome! True to form, my favorite part of the game was the food! Collectively we tried hot dogs, corn dogs, burgers, steak sandwiches, ice cream and beer. A pretty good showing if you ask me :)

We had nosebleed seats, but the views were great :)

I think this view is awesome!
David and Edwin

Other highlights of the week:
*Renting a paddleboat on Lake Calhoun. Unfortunately we kept going in a circle and traded up for a canoe. This was way more successful and brought me back to my days as "buffer" during family canoe trips.

*IKEA! We had a blast looking around. I also had a blast from the past when I found this! If you can't tell what I'm holding, they are little plastic beads. I used to make designs and then iron them to make... well, I'm not sure what the point of it was. A trivet? Trinket? Who knows, but I used to love it.

*Open-Mic night at the Comedy Club. David and Edwin were on the list to do stand up, but unfortunately too many people were before them and they didn't get to perform. ENCORE!!!

*Minnehaha Falls- This is a beautiful spot in Minneapolis!

*Great food and friends :) We had a wonderful time hanging out with David and my friends from college. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. It's actually called a duffer Chel and the best spot in a canoe! And you can decorate your whole house/apartment with those little plastic bead creations. HGTV featured them just last week. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete