Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We are so full of Glee!



The rest of today was quite eventful. After spending our morning looking over Manhattan and rubbing elbows with celebrities, we decided to embark on another "mission": to find the best pizza in Manhattan. We researched the topic "best pizza in Manhattan" and came up with 3 options: Hell's Kitchen Pizza, Lombardi's, and John's. Ben (Chelsea's cousin) suggested John's when we went to dinner, so we decided to try it. It was amazing pizza. A little pricey (then again what in Manhattan isn't) but well worth it. We got half tomato slices and basil and half pepperoni with a Sam Adams and a Magic Hat #9 brew.

After John's we decided to catch another Broadway show. I was originally interested in "Avenue Q". Think Sesame Street for adults that has been well received by critics and won a Tony Award. However, we also heard "Next to Normal" was phenomenal and that the music was great. We went to TKTS, a discount ticket office, and got 5th row tickets for half the price!!
"Next to Normal" was phenomenal. The music was great. Whoever composed it really knew how to use music to tug your heart strings. In fact, this show won best score and a pulitzer, only the 4th musical to do so ever. It was hopeful, funny, dramatic, insane, and sad. It did not disappoint and little did we know that there was an added bonus which my dear Chelsea will tell you about.

So, here goes. I am a celebrity nut, you all know that. People.com is practically my favorite website (along with mrs-o.org). We had just gotten seated at the show, and it was about to start. I look to my right. I see a guy in a red t-shirt and my eyes got reeaallll big. "Edwin", I said in an urgent voice. "That's Jesse from GLEE!!!!!" "No it's not, calm down", Edwin said. But I was insistent, and we (I) proceeded to stalker watch him during the first half of the show. I was rehearsing what I would say to him (I even looked up his real name on my phone so I wouldn't have to say "Are you that Jesse guy from Glee?") as I enjoyed the fabulous show. After the show, we got our chance. Well, I had convinced myself I didn't need to meet him, I could pass on this chance, and move along like a civilized adult. Thank GOD Edwin stepped in. He insisted that we meet him, so we did. We were all moving along the aisle together and Edwin said HEY. He didn't respond. Then Edwin asked if we could bother him for a picture. First we had to take some 13 year old very nervous girl's picture (who am I to judge). He was very nice and took a picture with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we went on our way like civilized people. Until we got to the door that is, when I said OH MY GOSH SHOW ME THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


What. A. Day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I have to say Chel, that if the guy above sat next to me, I would have no idea it was Jesse from Glee. He looks like just a regular guy to me. But how cool is that to get a picture with him?! Way to go Edwin, stalking the stars. Love you guys, Mom

    ReplyDelete