Monday, May 3, 2010

Food Montage

Hi all. Wow. We have fallen off the face of the blog-o-sphere. Please forgive us. I can assure you, however, that we have not stopped eating. Some life highlights since our last post:

1. Chelsea went home for Easter!
2. Edwin and his knee are recovering nicely.
3. Edwin and Chelsea went floating down a river last weekend and starting speaking Spanish with Italian accents.
4. Chelsea and Edwin have started watching Glee. (Correction: Chelsea has gotten into Glee and dragged Edwin along, since he has cable and she does not. Correction #2- after talking to Edwin: Edwin is more invested in the current season than is Chelsea. Chelsea thinks Season 1 was better).
5. Edwin and Chelsea are counting down the school days til summer. 24.

Here is a photo montage of the food we meant to blog about, but never got around to....

Random taco dinner. Delicious.
Red Velvet cupcakes. Mix from Sprinkles, which is said to be a famous cupcake chain that Edwin and Chelsea were spotted at in October (in Dallas).
Stuffed chicken. Can't remember at the moment what it was stuffed with. Ah, yes: pretty sure it was spinach, cheese and red peppers. Edwin, correct me if I'm wrong. We used Panko bread crumbs, which are said to be better than other types. I can't remember at the moment why. (There is a theme here. Edwin is clearly the more descriptive food blogger. I prefer to eat the food.)
AH, a recent triumph! I made this tonight, and it was FABULOUS!!!! I bought a pre-made pizza crust (see Edwin's previous post about which one is good- that's the one I used). Then I brushed on olive oil, followed by a ton of spinach, roma tomatoes and feta cheese. Next I sprinkled basil on top, popped that baby in the oven for about 15 minutes and viola. Perfection.
Sweet Pea and Shiitake Risotto. We have made two different types of risotto now- the first time it had something to do with red peppers. The second time we used a recipe from Cooking Light. Risotto is super delicious and easy to make!!! Slightly putsy (someone told me this word is made up. Must be from Wisconsin??), but worth it. We will try to be timely about including a risotto recipe!!!

Alright, time to hit the hay. Edwin told me that he will blog tomorrow night (during Glee) about our dinner... I heard mention of panini's! Love to all. Bon Apetit!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm delighted to hear that you are back to your blog! Great pictures of great-looking food. love you, Mom marycrockerbarnes

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're baaaaack!!! I may or may not have licked my computer screen because your pictures looked so yummy. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete